Big Grey Rock was just not catchy so the City Council settled on Myst, coined from the thick fog that covers the city sometimes. Fog City was taken.
- World requires World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations and Pets.
- No store content was used. But If I mistakenly used one, it will replaced by some other object in your game. You might get a Missing object warning when you load the world if I did use a store content. Don't worry about it.
- Patch 1.36 was used to build this world.
- Riverview is also required. Just in case.
Updates on World file
1. Floating Trees by the Beach Fixed
2. Ocean waves moved and realigned
3. Beach slope resculpted
4. Fish spawners moved
5. Deleted the 2 traffic signals
6. Camera Routing Fixed. Will no longer drift infinitely
7. Concrete Bridge by waterfall fixed
8. All Streetlights moved and realigned
9. Market Road Park changed re-designated as Big Park
10. Children Romp Park re-designated as Small Park
11. The 3 small parks are now properly labeled
12. Deleted one army base
13. Deleted one school
14. Deleted one Police station
15. Changed Hospital rabbit hole
16. Changed empty lot on Casa Island to a residential lot
17. Resculpted & re-routed decorative Tourist/digsite
18. Odd bump in the road by Aquarius bar fixed
19. Renamed fishing spot on the top of mountain
20. Added a new fishing spot to Casa Island
21. Added wooden sign pointing to Light house
22. Little decorative parks by the stadium no longer have map tags
Updates on Saved File
23. All Sims will now start in front of their homes at 8.04am Sunday
24. Sims with books or paintings and so on now have them in their Personal inventory
25. Ages of certain sims adjusted to balance out the age groups in the town
26. Flavour texts adjusted to fit sims life stories
27. No more EA generated families
28. Pregnancies have been adjusted
PLEASE READ FIRST
1. If you DO NOT already have Myst, then scroll down to the Download section.
2. If you HAVE the original Myst, then note the following BEFORE you decide to download
- The two worlds cannot work together. You must use ONLY ONE at a time
- Your saved file from the original Myst will NOT work with this update
- The Updated Save file only works with the Updated World file.
- If you decide to download this update, save your families to the FAMILY BIN first, BEFORE you uninstall the old MYST. This would mean starting a new game…sorry.
- The old saves will not work with the Updated Myst, but you can keep them just in case you want to go back to the old Myst world.
- To preserve your saved games that you made with the OLD myst, Backup your SAVES folder either by renaming it, or copying it to your desktop. You must do this BEFORE removing the old myst, otherwise it will delete the save files played on myst.
3. Finally if you have decided to update, uninstall the old myst first, then install the new one. Simple
4. Sorry for the inconvenience.
World size is Large.
- Commercial Lots - 53
- Residential Lots - 44. Occupied - 26; Empty - 15; Blank - 3
- There are 22 Families created by me, some of which were played by me. It's in a seperate save file.
- Look inside family inventory or sim inventory for personal effects like awards, photos, plants and seeds and lifetime awards.
- Some photographs may be blank since I deleted the Traveldb file to make the save game file smaller
KNOWN ISSUES (with population save file)
Stary Community School has a basement gym which may not be visible because of the rabbithole over it.
HOW TO FIX
- Go to Options and enter Edit Town mode
- Select the School and enter Build/Buy Mode
- Click on school building and delete it. Then immediately click the undo button to replace the school. This will make the gym underneath visible.
- Return back to game and save. You only need to do this once.
DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
- Download World file - BOX or GOOGLE (for Google go to File-->>Download)
- Unzip with WINRAR. It's a sims3pack file so you just double-click to install.
- Download Population file - BOX or GOOGLE (for Google go to File-->>Download)
- Unzip with WINRAR. Copy and paste the folder MYST POPULATION.SIMS3 into your saves folder located C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves
- Load game. The Myst game will show as a blank blue icon, since there is no family picture.
- The game starts in Edit Game mode, so just click "Return to Game Setup" and PLAY!
Get the original Myst here if you so desire. Thanks.