Monday, April 15, 2013

Pleasantview Krrank'd Up


Pleasantview Krrank'd Up with Population


Intro
Hey, just felt like kicking it old school. This is a basic world, nothing fancy. It has most of the houses from Sims 2 original too. The save file has the characters from Sims 2, built to my taste, just to get you started. Have fun!











REQUIREMENTS

World requires World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations and Pets, Seasons and University.
No store content was used. But If I mistakenly used one, it will replaced by some other object in your game. You might get a Missing object warning when you load the world if I did use a store content. Don't worry about it.
Patch 1.50 was used to build this world.
Riverview is also required. Just in case.


LOTS

World size is Large.
Total Lots - 106
Commercial Lots - 36
Residential Lots - 70 (Occupied - 10; Unoccupied - 36; Empty - 24)


POPULATION

There are 10 Families created by me, 9 of which are the core families from the original Sims 2. 
Look inside family inventory or sim inventory for personal effects like awards, photos, plants and seeds and lifetime awards.
Some photographs may be blank since I deleted the Traveldb file to make the save game file smaller


KNOWN ISSUES (with population save file)

You might want to delete and replace the Gnubb set in the Pleasant view townsquare if the Animation goes bad. But only do this if you are comfortable editing Lots with Seasonal markers.

HOW TO FIX

Go to Options and enter Edit Town mode
Select the Townsquare and enter Build/Buy Mode
Enter cheat mode with ctrl+shift+C, type testingcheatsenabled true
Enter cheat mode with ctrl+shift+C, type buydebug
Click F2 to enter buy mode
Use ctrl+shift+click to select the Seasonal Marker (the shiny silver ball at the entrance by the gnubb set)
Click Set Season, select Common
The Gnubb set should be solid now. So you can delete it and replace it.
Click the Seasonal marker again, Click Set Season again, select Construction
Exit back to the game and save.


DOWNLOAD AND INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Download World file GOOGLE or BOX or MEDIAFIRE
Unzip with WINRAR. It's a sims3pack file so you just double-click to install.
Download Population file GOOGLE or BOX or MEDIAFIRE
Unzip with WINRAR. Copy and paste the folder PVpple.sims3 into your saves folder located C:\Users\YourName\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves
Load game. The Pleasantview game will show as a blank blue icon, that is there is no family picture.
The game starts in Edit Game mode, so just click "Return to Game Setup" and PLAY!


19 comments:

  1. how do i down load? xD Sorryyyy im dumb LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      You can download from Google, Box or Mediafire. See links above in the Large fonts.

      Delete
  2. Is it fast download?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it's just normal, depending on the speed of your internet.

      Delete
  3. HI. I just played some hours with your saved game, it is so great! The families are sooo good, you really had some fun with them already! Thank you very much for sharing this fun world with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Donni,
      Thanks for trying it out and your welcome. It sure brought back good memories of Sims 2, when I play tested it. :D

      Delete
  4. Hello dear friend. : D! I love own creations! Oh I think they are amazing! sorry for my English actually speak Spanish, so I can not speak very well you language. Dude, I have a question regarding your world (Pleasantview) .. When I download it and put in the game tells me that an error has left the application should restart but why? Just download it using the two expansions (of the 4 or 3 you mentioned that are required to serve the world "...) I just I have ambitions and at nightfall .. Then I'm dying to play in Pleasantview D:
    ... But how do I fix it? Thanks I hope I have understood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cataaliina,
      The World file will work even if you have only the base game. But the you need the expansion packs I have mentioned for the Save game file to work. So I advice you download only the World file.
      Let me know if this helps.

      Delete
  5. Hi! I just wanted to say I love this world! It's so much fun playing with these old TS2 families, not to mention the game runs super fast.

    I do have one problem; whenever I try to play with the Broke or Burb's, my game crashes. Every other family is fine except these two. I have Overwatch by Twallan installed, and every time I load the game there is a script error for Lucy Burb and Brandi Broke (and occasional the Oldie's and Cassandra Goth, but the game only crashes with Burb and Broke)I can't seem to figure out what is wrong, do you know what could be causing this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,
      Thanks so much for playing and the for the great feedback. I personally stopped using Overwatch at a point because it seemed to cause my game to crash a lot especially since 1.50, so that might be it. I can't say for sure if that is the solution because the families work fine for me, since they were created on my computer. Hopefully if someone else has the same problem we can sort it out. Or I might have to upload an updated save file.

      Delete
    2. I will take Overwatch out and try again when I get some time to play, and let you know how it works out :) Hopefully that solves the problem!

      Delete
  6. It seems like the new patch 1.55 has rendered the saved game useless. Would you be so kind and update it? I had removed all downloads while installing the new expansion, and regretfully it does´nt work anymore. That would be fantastic!
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I made a mistake. The saves file was in another file, that´s why it didn`t work. All is good again in Pleasantview.
      Sorry!

      Delete
    2. Hi Donni,

      Guess you don't need my help..lol. Don't worry it happens to the best of us. Take care.

      Delete
  7. Not sure if you're still running the site/keeping up with comments. Installed the world from the launcher and put the save file in, and now my game won't even load. Blackscreens after launching and I have to Ctrl+alt+delete. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Yes I'm still available, not going anyway :). Black screen, that's new. well process of elimination. If you delete the world and save file, does your game start normally? If it does, try installing only the world file first. I'm just trying to figure out what is causing the error.

      Delete
  8. I'm having the same problem as Katie when I installed the world. When I deleted the world my game started normally, so I'm wondering if the world will work with the latest patch 1.67? If maybe when Sims 3 updated it borked the world somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I unfortunately don't have sims installed presently, so I can't say. But of course it is possible. I'll look into it though. I might have to do a fresh upload. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You basically accomplished 1/3 of what I could never finish :P

    ReplyDelete